All deadlines for the submission of the application are 12:00pm (midday) UK time on the date stated.
- You should thoroughly research your prospective course, its requirements, deadlines and course costs in the Course Directory before you think about completing and submitting the online application form.
- Make sure you are clear on the separate Application and funding deadlines.
- Check that you have the relevant required supporting documents (eg transcripts, CV etc) in pdf format ready to upload.
- For your academic referees, you should ensure you have their consent before you apply and have the correct email address for each (preferably an institutional email address). Applicants can request references before the submission of their application and should do so as early as possible.
- You should have a choice of up to two Colleges to consider your application.
Apply using the Applicant Portal
When you have completed the necessary preparation, and you are ready to begin your online application, you should take note of the following important information:
- Go to the Course Directory and find the course you wish to apply for, then click the Apply Now button in the How to Apply tab.
- All applications must be completed in English.
- You can request your references in the Applicant Portal, and see when these have been received.
- You must then submit your references, along with all other required supporting documentation, at the same time as the rest of your application.
- You can also apply for funding via the Applicant Portal.
- There is an application charge of (GBP sterling) £50 per application (unless you are from a country which is eligible for fee waiver). The Graduate School of Life Sciences has a scheme which enables three applications to be made with payment of a single £50 application fee. A list of other eligible courses and further information can be found here. You can make the payment by providing your credit card details to our secure server when you submit your online application. More information about the application fee can be found on the Application Fee page.
- You will need to submit a separate application, with separate supporting documents, for each course you wish to apply for.
Upload Supporting Documentation
Your application is not complete without the required supporting documentation which must be submitted through the Applicant Portal as part of your application.
Please check your course’s entry to see what supporting documents you will be required to submit. For more information on what the specific requirements of each document are, and how to submit them, please see the section on Supporting Documentation