What is G Suite hosting?
G Suite (formerly Google Apps) for Work is a suite of web applications created by Google for businesses. Your G Suite account will give you access to Gmail on your preferred domain and 30GB of Google Drive storage per user.
Does G Suite provide hosting?
Image Credit : G Suite Hosting – G Suite (formerly Google Apps) Know About
You have your website ready (Google Workspace doesn’t offer g suite web hosting). You have the DNS record or autoconnect instructions you need from your web host.
How much is Google Web Hosting?
Google Web Hosting Pricing – Starting at $49 ( Prices May Vary )
Site owners can expect to pay roughly $50 per month for Google’s most basic cloud server, which comes with 2 vCPUs and 8GB of memory.
Buy G Suite For Your Business or Website
The Google Workspace (formerly GSuite) is a cloud-based productivity application that permits you to work from a distance from anyplace and on any gadget. With Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), you can team up and be more productive while working from a computer, cell phone, or tablet.
As a Google Workspace (Formerly G Suite) Partner, we have deals trained professionals, specialized help subject matter experts, and deployment experts that are dedicated to guaranteeing every one of the necessities of Google Workspace users are met with reasonable Google Mail pricing.
By empowering implementation to use security keys, untrusted apps are impeded, and email dangers are filtered all the more completely. As a regulatory device, it offers Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Google Meet, Chat, and so forth, plus an Admin Console that allows directors to manage settings for organizations or associations. Google Mail Plans and Pricing make accessible these intelligent and fundamental instruments for consistent joint effort. G Suite Enterprise is more qualified for enormous groups requiring significant security and regulatory powers over apps.
The Benefits of Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) for Your Business (Why We Use It)
We have use a large number of various SaaS products here in business to keep everything chugging along as expected in the background and to work on the productivity of our group. One product that we were unable to live without is most certainly Google Workspace! We aren’t reluctant to come right out and say it’s by a long shot the best email arrangement available right now for your business. Also different highlights that it accompanies, for example, Google Drive storage and apparatuses like Google Docs and Google Sheets.
Today we’ll plunge into the unrivaled advantages of Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), why we use it and prescribe it to our clients as a whole, and how it looks at to other comparable arrangements available.
What is Google Workspace?
Google Workspace is Google’s suite of intelligent apps. This was formerly known as Google Apps, till it was re-marked in late 2016. We fundamentally suggest Google Workspace for clients that are requiring email facilitating for their business. Notwithstanding, Google Workspace is substantially more than just email. It likewise incorporates an assortment of apps and highlights that can come in very helpful. Indeed, you’re presumably previously using or know about some of them.
Features We Use on a Daily Basis
Google Workspace has three distinct plans you can use (of which we’ll jump into somewhat later on). We use the Basic Google Workspace plan for our representatives here at our business. This beginnings at just $5/user/month. For a large number of you, the essential arrangement is presumably everything you’ll at any point require. This is what it incorporates:
According to Litmus, Gmail leads the way as the most popular email client, with a whopping 26% of the market share based on open rates. It’s no surprise as Gmail has been around since 2004 and now boasts over 1.2 billion users. One of the best things about Google Workspace is you basically get an enhanced ad-free version of the online email client you’re probably already using.
Google Workspace essentially allows your employees to have their own Gmail accounts with email addresses with your business domain name (example: email@example.com). A very small business with one or two users might be able to get away with free Gmail accounts and some alias+forwarding rules. But once you start hiring two or three employees, you’ll find yourself needing accounts that can be managed separately.
None of us here in our business could live without Google Calendar. Many of us rely on it for scheduling calls with clients and setting due dates and reminders for important projects. Google Calendar can help you keep your schedule organized.
An extraordinary aspect regarding using Google Calendar in Google Workspace is the capacity to make different schedules that are available to everybody in your organization (or even a subset of users). For instance, you could need a gathering schedule for occasions like group occasions and normal meetings. Having every one of your workers joined to a similar association makes assignments like these considerably more straightforward when contrasted with the free form.
Google Drive allows you to store, access, and share your files in one secure place. You then, at that point, have simple admittance to them from any gadget. Google Workspace Basic plans accompany 30GB of storage for each worker. Google Workspace’s Business, Enterprise, and Teams releases give limitless storage so you will constantly have adequate room for your documents. Note: If you’re a more modest group with less than 5 users, you just get 1TB/user.
On the off chance that you haven’t used Google Drive previously, perhaps the best thing we like with regards to it is the astounding search usefulness! In spite of the fact that, it’s likely not excessively shocking seeing as they additionally run the biggest search motor on the planet. Did you had any idea about that you can search in view of the substance inside an archive (no matter what the document name)? Helpful. This implies you can undoubtedly track down the thing you’re searching for, regardless of how confused you are.
The paid variant of Google Drive gives you two times the storage of your free private drive and Gmail, day in and day out help, sharing controls, and progressed revealing.
Google Docs and Google Sheets
Google Docs and Google Sheets pretty much speak for themselves and again are tools we use every single day. You can even import Google Docs into WordPress. These allow you to create and edit text documents and spreadsheets right in your browser. Import your documents to make them instantly editable, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PDF files (.docx, .doc, .pdf, .rtf, .txt, xlsx, .csv, .html, .ods). As of February 2018, you can now even collaborate and comment on Microsoft Office files without it having to automatically convert to Google’s format.
You can likewise product to normal outsider arrangements. This makes it simple to work together with others or organizations and send documents to and fro, while never expecting to introduce or buy extra programming.
Note: Google Docs and Spreadsheets made straightforwardly in Google Workspace don’t figure in with your storage limit.
Here are just a couple of the normal assignments we use them for:
- Getting feedback and comments from team members on new website content.
- Working with guest bloggers on content for our blog.
- Sending content to others when writing on third-party sites. We’ve never had anyone in the past couple years request a Word document, everyone always requests a Google Doc. Why? Because it’s just super simple and easy to use.
- Crunching spreadsheet data from Ahrefs exports.
- Running quick financial figures.
- Keeping track of PPC budgets and online advertising copy variations.
- Analyzing CTR changes as it pertains to SERPs.
- Writing up content for paid sponsorships (WordCamps).
Perhaps the best component of Google Docs and Spreadsheets is the continuous remarking and limitless renditions. Previous renditions are kept endlessly and they don’t figure in with your storage. This makes it very simple to follow changes made to a report or fix an error. Offering archives to your colleagues or others is likewise inconceivably simple.
Google Keep seems to be one of those well-kept secrets that nobody knows about. If you’re looking for a basic Evernote alternative, Google Keep rocks! This is a great little tool regardless of whether or not you’re using Google Workspace. Being a Google product, it works flawlessly within the Google ecosystem.
It tends to be a simple method for keeping those every now and again posed inquiries you get from customers in an advantageous spot. Make plans for the day, notes, and set suggestions to keep focused. Everything adjusts across your gadgets, so what’s significant is consistently in reach. Effectively share them with your group and chronicle them when you’re finished. Yet again and Google’s search works immaculately with it.
Google Workspace Admin Console
The Admin console for Google Workspace allows business owners easily manage everything from one single place. It got an overhaul recently and is a lot better than it was previously with Google Apps.
Do everything from adding new users and gatherings, manage gadgets, configure security settings (like 2-factor confirmation), add new custom areas for your business which can be used for Gmail.
The overwhelming majority of the elements in Google Workspace must be empowered by the chairman to be used. A portion of these are likewise just accessible in higher plans. In the event that an element isn’t empowered and a user attempts to get to it, they’ll see a “not accessible” message (as seen beneath).
Here are some additional features that we don’t use at Businesses very often, but you might be interested in:
- Google Chat: Have you heard of Slack? The Google Chat is basically Google’s new competing tool. It’s a dedicated group workspace with 1:1 chat and group chat. You can make conversations more efficient by interacting directly with deeply integrated Google bots and 3rd party apps. Google chat is included for free with all Google Workspace plans.
- Google Meet: We prefer Zoom or Slack video chat ourselves here at Business, but Google Meet still makes video calls and conferencing a breeze. Meet is fully integrated with Google Workspace, so you can join meetings directly from a Calendar event or email invite. If you’re running the Enterprise version of Google Workspace, you can also take advantage of dial-in numbers for when people are on the road or perhaps without internet access.
- Google Forms: Most of you have probably all filled out a Google Form before. While we prefer to use other applications for this, preferably branded forms in our WordPress site, it can be an incredibly quick and easy way to gather information.
- Google Slides: Want a decent alternative to Microsoft Powerpoint? Google Slides is just that. Just like with their other products you can take advantage of their real-time collaboration and commenting, as well as unlimited version history.
- Google Sites: We don’t recommend using Google Sites as WordPress is much better for this. Check out the reasons why you should use WordPress.
- Endpoint Management: If you’re worried about an employee’s device getting stolen, don’t. That is what Endpoint Management is for. Easily enable this as an admin and remotely wipe Google Workspace data from devices if needed.
What do Other business and G Suite have in common? The ability to keep things running smoothly behind-the-scenes. Try Other Hosting for Free.
Additional Features for Google Workspace Business and Enterprise Users
It’s likewise essential to make a note of the extra highlights in Google Workspace Business and Enterprise plans. Assuming you’re a greater business and depend on email vigorously, these can assist with facilitating a portion of your concerns.
- Cloud Search: Want to take search capabilities in Google Workspace even further? The Cloud Search feature allows you to search across your company’s content in Google Workspace. From Gmail and Drive to Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, and more.
- Vault: You can never have too many backups. Vault allows you to manage, retain, search, and export your organization’s email, Google Drive file content and on-the-record chats. Basically, you can archive all your data and set retention policies.
Unparalleled Benefits of Google Workspace
While all those features above are great, now it’s time to dive into some of the real benefits of using Google Workspace for your business.
Hosting Email With Third-Party Is Always Recommended
It’s never recommended to host your email with the same company you use for WordPress hosting. That’s why we don’t and will never offer email hosting to our clients (other than perhaps a Google Workspace add-on down the road) We go into great detail about the reasons here. But we’ll give you a quick summary of why below:
- If you use your host, you’re tied to IP addresses that your host has configured for outgoing email. If something goes wrong with that, such as a client suddenly spamming, there is a chance the IP address could get blacklisted for spam. Then you’re suddenly left hanging with no control.
- One of the biggest downfalls to relying on your WordPress host for emails is deliverability issues. With Google Workspace, you can authenticate outbound mail using DKIM and SPF records which can positively impact your spam rating.
- Sending emails via your WordPress host could potentially result in server resources issues. By offloading email to a third-party, especially Google Workspace, you’ll never have to worry about this.
- Spreading services across multiple providers is always a good thing. We always recommend separating DNS (we include Amazon Route 53 DNS for all clients), WordPress hosting, and email. This way if anything goes wrong with one, your email is always flowing. Most likely your DNS will still route regardless, but by using multiple providers you can guarantee this.
So as you can see, going with a third-party for email hosting is actually beneficial to your business.
Caveats (Transactional and Marketing Emails)
While Google Workspace accounts don’t have an SMTP limit, for those of you sending thousands of emails every month, we generally don’t recommend them for sending bulk emails or transactional emails (purchases, registering, resetting a password, etc). You can read the laundry list of their bulk sender guidelines. For these types of emails we recommend the following transactional email services:
- SendGrid (We utilize SendGrid here at Kinsta for our transaction emails)
- Amazon SES
If you’re small and just starting out, don’t worry about your transaction emails until you start sending out large volumes. You can get started with just Google Workspace for everything and be just fine. Also, some of the providers like Mailgun above, let you send 10,000 transactional emails per month for free. So in a lot of cases, this doesn’t have to be an extra expense. And additional emails after that are pennies to send. Read more about transactional emails, SMTP ports, and free SMPT servers for WordPress.
You then have marketing emails, such as newsletters. The same thing applies here. Typically you’ll want to use a third-party provider due to better deliverability rates and tools for list building, A/B testing, etc. Here’s a few we recommend:
- MailChimp (we utilize them here at Kinsta for our weekly newsletter – here is our guide on how to get started with MailChimp)
Some of the transactional providers above also handle marketing emails and mention that on their sites. So in some cases, you could always combine your transactional email service and email marketing software. Read more about email marketing software.
Familiar, Compatible, and Easy to Use
One of the greatest benefits of going with Google Workspace for your business is that most of your employees are probably already used to using products like Gmail for email and Google Docs. This makes the transition super easy and ensures you don’t have to waste time explaining to new hires how to utilize company tools; unlike Zoho or Office 365 where there might be more explanation needed.
Google Workspace also has the best compatibility on mobile devices compared to any other email provider. It simply works, everywhere!
And if you already have a personal Gmail account, Google makes it super easy to one-click switch between accounts (personal Gmails and Google Workspace accounts).
When it comes to uptime, Google is one of the best when it comes to reliability. If you want to dig into the technical details, Google Workspace offers a 99.9% Service Level Agreement (SLA) for covered services, and in recent years they’ve actually exceeded that. Also due to the fact that email is such an important part of every business, Google Workspace has no scheduled downtime or maintenance windows. All of their data centers are built with redundant infrastructure.
But just like any service, they can never be up 100% of the time. Therefore, you can always bookmark the Google Workspace status dashboard for updates on all of their products.
Google Workspace Isn’t The Cheapest, But It’s Extremely Affordable
There are other providers out there that are cheaper, such as Zoho (we’ll dive into a comparison further below). However, just like we always recommend you invest in managed WordPress hosting, your business email is not one of those areas you should try to save a buck. Having an email host that you can rely on can save you money down the road.
Here’s a look at Google Workspace’s pricing and what’s included in each plan.
Google Workspace Business Starter
Google Workspace Business Standard
Google Workspace Business Plus
|Business email through Gmail||Business email through Gmail||Business email through Gmail + eDiscovery, retention|
|100 participant video meetings||150 participant video meetings + recording||250 participant video meetings + recording, attendance tracking|
|Shared calendars||Shared calendars||Shared calendars|
|Docs, Spreadsheets, Slides||Docs, Spreadsheets, Slides||Docs, Spreadsheets, Slides|
|24/7 support (phone, email online)||24/7 support (phone, email online – Enhanced Support upgrade available)||24/7 support (phone, email online – Enhanced Support upgrade available)|
|Security admin controls||Security admin controls||Enhanced security admin controls, including Vault and advanced endpoint management|
|30 GB cloud storage per user||2 TB cloud storage per user||5 TB cloud storage per user|
|Cloud search||Cloud search|
|Vault (archive and retention)||Vault (archive and retention)|
|Audit reports||Audit reports|
|Data loss prevention (Gmail + Drive)|
|Hosted S/MIME for Gmail|
|Gmail third-party archiving|
|Gmail log analysis|
Here are some quick estimations for you:
- For five employees you’re looking at $30/month
- For 10 employees you’re looking at $60/month
- For 15 employees you’re looking at $90/month
For everything that Google Workspace includes, that’s a pretty great deal and kind of a no-brainer!
You can also opt-in to a discounted rate by switching to an annual subscription. An annual subscription offers savings of up to 20% more than the standard monthly subscription. The great part is you can still be billed monthly on the annual subscription if you prefer.
Google Workspace Is as Secure as It Gets
Google Workspace is based on top of Google Cloud Platform, which offers the most elevated security available. It’s trusted by the absolute greatest organizations on the planet; like HP, Verizon, Whirlpool, and Salesforce. As Google says, they are driving with a “security-first mindset.” They have industry-driving information and aptitude backing all of their products, including Google Workspace.
Here are a few highlights of ways Google Workspace protects you and your data:
- Google Workspace Admin: Offers administrator the ability to control how data is protected, view reports, and even control mobile devices. Google Workspace administrators can also disallow employees from having the ability to enable “less secure apps.”
- Encryption (TLS): Google Workspace provides email encryption in transit.
- Certs, Audits, and Assessments: Google Workspace undergoes several independent third-party audits on a regular basis.
- Data Retention: Google Workspace offers the ability to retain, archive, search, and export your data.
- Privacy: Google does not collect, scan, or use your data in Google Workspace services for advertising purposes. There are also no ads in any of the Google Workspace products. You own your own data.
- Transparency: Google continuously provides transparency reports to keep consumers informed.
You can check out Google Cloud’s security and compliance whitepaper for more information.
Google Workspace vs Office 365 vs Zoho
There are thousands of email hosts on the market. But when it comes down to serious business email hosting, you can really narrow it down to these three providers: Google Workspace, Office 365, and Zoho. So below we’ll do a little comparison.
For pricing, we are taking the monthly cost from each provider.
Google Workspace Business Starter
Office 365 Business Essentials
- Some do offer slightly cheaper plans if you commit to their annual plans or purchase licenses in bulk. For example, you can get Office 365 down to $5 /user/month and Zoho down to $3/user/month.
- Zoho does, in fact, have a free plan for 5 users. However, it is limited to 5GB with single domain hosting.
- It’s important to note that Office 365 Business Essentials doesn’t include their Office desktop software, only their web-based apps.
Software and Tools
Below are comparable products across providers.
Google Workspace Business Starter
Office 365 Business Essentials
|Gmail||Outlook (50GB)||Zoho Mail|
|Google Drive (30GB)||OneDrive (1TB)||Zoho Docs (30GB)|
|Google Docs||Microsoft Word||Zoho Writer|
|Google Sheets||Microsoft Excel||Zoho Sheet|
|Google Slides||Microsoft PowerPoint||Zoho Show|
|Google Sites||Sites (SharePoint)||Zoho Sites|
|Google Meet/Chat||Skype + Microsoft Teams||Zoho Meeting + Cliq|
|Google Keep||Microsoft OneNote||Zoho Notebook|
|Microsoft Yammer||Zoho Connect|
- Google Workspace’s 30GB of storage is counted as combined storage across Google Drive and Gmail.
- Zoho’s 30GB of storage is counted as combined storage across Zoho Docs and Zoho Mail.
- If you’re comparing presentation software, Microsoft PowerPoint still probably wins hands down.
- Gmail also has a lot better integrations with third-party add-ons and extensions than that of its counterpart Outlook.
- Zoho supports external integrations with various third-party apps within your mailbox using eWidget.
Yet, as may be obvious, each of the three of the above suppliers have fundamentally the same as contributions with regards to the devices and administrations they give. So a ton of your choice will likely come down to cost and convenience for your workers.
Disadvantages of Google Workspace
Frankly, there aren’t many disadvantages that we’ve tracked down using Google Workspace, and our group has used it for more than four years. Despite the fact that it most certainly relies upon the sort of business you are. The following are a couple of things you should seriously mull over:
- Google Workspace is entirely web-based with no options for software. If you’re used to using Microsoft Office you’ll probably find that Google Docs and Sheets aren’t as powerful.
- Office 365 is still winning the enterprise market, while Google Workspace is still playing catch up.
- Office 365 does offer more storage off the bat. However, Google Workspace does offer unlimited storage if you upgrade to higher plans.
As may be obvious, Google Workspace can be an incredible answer for any business with regards to email facilitating and giving an across the board answer for record coordinated effort and storage. It’s very reasonable and simple to use. The majority of your workers are presumably currently acquainted with Gmail, which decreases the time expected to learn new apparatuses.
If you’re just getting starting with Google Workspace, we recommend subscribing to their blog to keep up to date with new features and releases. Do you have any questions about Google Workspace or how it works? We’d love to hear what you prefer when it comes to email hosting. Let us know below in the comments.
Save time, costs and maximize site performance with:
- Instant help from WordPress hosting experts, 24/7.
- Cloudflare Enterprise integration.
- Global audience reach with 29 data centers worldwide.
- Optimization with our built-in Application Performance Monitoring.